Monday, August 10, 2009

Girl's Camp

The third week in July was our Stake Girl's Camp. For the 4th years (which included me), we had to go on an overnight backpacking trip in the mountains above Palm Springs and hike to the top of San Jacinto Peak. Hiking to camp was the hardest part probably because we had our huge backpacks with all our stuff on. However, the hike to the peak the next day and everything else was pretty easy. It was a lot of fun but I got like 3 hours of sleep the night we slept out under the stars. All I had was a thin sleeping bag (no pad or bedroll) and I kept rolling over into a pile of rocks. Plus Bro. Leavitt was snoring not too far away haha. But on the bright side I saw 2 shooting stars around 3 in the morning!
On Tuesday evening that week the 4th years arrived at Camp Buckhorn where we have our Stake Girl's Camp. Boy oh boy did a shower feel great or what! That night we had the ward skits and ours was "A Bug's Light". Yep, that's me and Sarah in the picture below decked out as ObediANT (me), Grub Worm and Doodle Bug (Sarah).
Rest of the week consisted of crafts, humanitarian aid, finding humungo bugs, battling it out with Sister Stapley in human foosball and Sarah in noodle hockey, swimming, and playing other games with our YCL (youth camp leader) group. The other two pictures are of Chloe, me, and Sarah at breakfast, and my YCL group Delta in the camp's gym.



No comments:

Post a Comment