Friday, June 19, 2009

YW Recognition Night Among Other Things

Last Friday was my Young Woman Recognition Night for completing Personal Progress. We had a VERY good dinner (baked zitti, that and the gelato was provided by Grandmother Branche and Aunt Lela in Fallbrook from the Sweet Sicilian Bakery- THANK YOU!!!). Me and the 3 other girls who received their award was Katrina, Karin, and Kelsey. We all had a slideshow set to music with pictures from our lives which was my favorite part. Maybe I will put in a slideshow on this blog with some of the best pictures from it...
Summer has been great so far and I have been doing something every day. On Tuesday, me and some of the other Young Women in our ward went to St. Vincent De Paul's (which is part of Father Joe's) in downtown to serve lunch to the homeless. It was a very good experience and though we were tired by the end (let me tell you, scooping rice and vegetables can really work your right arm!), we had a lot of fun at the same time.
And...... WE GOT MR. JINX ON A LEASH!!!!!! I know, it's hard to believe, so I have posted some pictures for proof. We were at Target and found a cat harness, so we were like, why not let's give it a try! Especially because it seems that Mr. Jinx always wants to go outside, since he escapes out of the house a lot. The first couple of times Mom and I had to use a little force to get the thing on him, but today he let me put it on him without too much hassle. He likes walking around in the backyard and stuff, and ends up not wanting to come back inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment