Monday, May 18, 2009

Seminary Scripture Mastery Bowl


First off I will admit that I am a complete geek when it comes to scripture mastery in seminary. I learn them pretty quickly, and I have a whole different side of me come out when we do scripture chasing. It is a VERY competitive, aggressive, going-for-the-blood side of me that others don't see too often. A lot of people were shocked last night at Scripture Bowl when I was whipping through my scriptures for the reference, tearing, shoving, crumpling, crushing pages aside in the New Testament. So now the New Testament part of my Bible is decimated. I tore out like 6 pages in the process last night.
First we had the regular competition looking for the scriptures in 2o seconds, and could show others where it was to get points. After that was done, there was a separate speed round for whoever wanted to, it was optional. So I did it, and at first the judges gave everyone 10 seconds to find a scripture. Then we moved down to 8, then 6, 5, and finally 4 seconds. People dropped each size until the group grew really small. When it got down to 5 or 6 people, it was basically consisting of me and freshmen in Sister Vandeveer's class. I think that's when I "accidentally" tore out the page with James 1:5-6. I ended up getting second place, winning a $10 Subway giftcard. So I am pretty excited about it. Brother Bosen this morning in seminary was like, "Whitney, who WAS that last night?" He's never seen me so pumped and energetic. But yeah, last night, I was like, "BRING IT ON!!!!!!" :D

1 comment:

  1. hahah do you remember my friend liz? from church? she sounds JUST like youu!!!
    our scripture mastery nite ended in...well..a fight because this one girl charlottle had bookmarks in her scriptures!? haha everyone was yelling at her and she was yelling back!?! it was hilarioussssss :D

    ReplyDelete